He’s tagged me with this meme.
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Technically PeeZed hasn’t done number 5 but I’ll let him off because he has a proper job with fixed hours and yet seems to put it 10 hours solid blogging every day.
So, I’ve done 1 and 2. Now 3.
1. I have trouble pronouncing the letter “r” distinctly but only notice this when I hear recordings of my voice. I find it slightly embarrassing.
2. I am currently somewhat sleep-deprived and compensating with coffee. This may end badly.
3. I made the second round of University Challenge on BBC2 with the team from Nottingham. We lost the second round game to Leeds by the smallest possible margin. I contend that we was robbed.
4. I am the only person I’ve ever met who enjoyed the film “Velvet Goldmine”.
5. I don’t actually have to go work. Unlike postdocs in just about any other subject, who have to put in hours in labs or archives, as a mathematician I can work pretty much any schedule and anywhere provided I can occasionally convince people I’ve proven enough things. I don’t even live commuting distance from my office (mostly; I have digs down there).
6. I am yet to pass a driving test and haven’t taken any lessons in years. I also get claustrophobic on planes. If I could I would take the train everywhere.
Bonus fact: I know nearly no bloggers, even in a “people I know OL” sense.
Thus my esteemed collaborator toomuchcoffeeman gets a tag even though I know for a fact he’s way to busy, notedscholar gets tagged … just because, and the rest go to (more or less all) the people who’ve linked to my posts in the past and who let non-serious business on their blogs : Catsynth, mathmom, Blake Stacey and Reston Kid